The New Year is just around the corner. For years, people have made New Year’s resolutions. Often, they are to lose weight, make more money or quit a bad habit. And it isn’t long before people have forgotten all about them. That having been said, why not make some resolutions about taking care of your teeth? But instead of waiting until New Year’s Day, why not start working on them now so you will have some good habits in place when the next year begins? Here are some New Year’s Dental Resolutions to consider.
- Seeing your dentist every six months for your regular cleanings and exams.
- Brushing twice a day for two minutes at a time with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Flossing at least once a day.
- Using mouthwash.
- Talking to your dentist about which mouthwash or toothpaste is best for you.
- Having that filling replaced, or talking with your dentist about the troublesome tooth.
- Switching to sugarless gum or sugarless hard candies.
- Quitting tobacco.
- Drinking more water.
- Changing your toothbrush every three months.
- Cleaning your toothbrush after you use it.
- Cleaning your tongue.
- Modeling good dental habits for your kids.
Those are just a few good habits you can start forming now so your teeth are ready to take on the New Year. If you have questions about taking care of your teeth, or if you would just like to see our dentist, Dr. Randal Brown before the holidays kick into high-gear, we would love to see you. To schedule an appointment at Randal Brown in Strasburg, Pennsylvania, call 717-687-9366 today!